The BCVC team recognizes you are trusting us to provide the highest quality of medicine for your pets. Keeping that trust in mind, we are implementing new protocols to ensure the safety of our staff and clients during this COVID-19 pandemic. As of today, Tuesday 3/17, only hospital personnel; doctors and staff; will be permitted in our clinic.
- We ask that clients call to let us know they have arrived at BCVC for their appointment. A vet tech will get on the phone to go over some general questions and information. She will then meet you at your car to retrieve your pet. We ask that you please wear a mask at all times when interacting with our staff. In addition, we ask that you hand your pet to the tech outside of the vehicle, rather than having the tech reach inside the car. We will be using our own leashes and ask that you keep your leash with you. The tech will then bring your pet into the hospital to be evaluated and treated
- Due to CDC recommendations to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet; we ask that you please stay by your vehicle when waiting. It is important that we keep the area outside the front door clear so that our techs can get in and out of the hospital as safely as possible.
- If your appointment is with a doctor, the doctor will call you on your cell to ask pertinent questions and go over their findings and treatment plan.
- Once the appointment is completed, the tech will bring your pet back to your car. A receptionist will call you to get payment and email you a paid receipt.
We are continuing to see patients for all needs and are scheduling daily procedures during operating hours.
- BCVC will be open Mon-Thurs 9 am-8 pm, Friday 9 am-6 pm and Saturday 9 am-1 pm.
- As always, we see emergencies during operating hours and do not charge an emergency fee.
- Please call the hospital to continue to order your pets-medications, food, preventative, and treats. Once we get approval to fill the medication, we will call for payment and leave a bag with your pet's name on it for pick up outside the front door. We ask that you pick up your items between the hours of 9 am-6 pm.
- The basis of this emergency plan is to limit direct contact that may cause the spread of the novel Coronavirus.
We have implemented new protocols to ensure a safe and clean environment. These include disinfecting on an hourly basis, keeping logs of the date and times that each area of the hospital has been disinfected as well as requiring all staff to wear the appropriate PPE gear.
While we know these measures seem drastic, they are being implemented to protect our safety as well as yours. By instituting these measures we hope to be doing our part to stop the spread of this pandemic and to keep everyone and their families safe.
We appreciate your cooperation!